Tuesday, April 02, 2002

I've been reading some interesting stuff at Re:generation. In particular, this article on busyness caught my eye. I think it's interesting how as Christians we are called to be fruitful and do good works, but I think that our humanness gets in the way and we miss the mark (incidentally, that's the definition of the word sin) by either getting obsessed with our work or getting obsessed with not working at all, and just having fun all the time. I have to say that, as a college student, life can often seem like a vacation, because there is so little actual structured time involved. I only have to technically be in class about 15-18 hours a week and the rest of my time is at my discretion. I can work, shop, play games, etc. for the rest of my day. I do choose lots of good activities, such as working out, doing bible study, and such. But it's easy to spend lots of hours doing mindless things. Honestly, the only real mindless thing I do is watch TV because I have to say that Gilmore Girls is the best written show since My So-Called Life. Anyways, I'm surfing around and I found this which I think is great. If you want to help me out, be my guest. Well, more interesting tidbits next time.

No comments: