Friday, February 02, 2007

Christian outsourcing

Dana decided that we should slow down and focus on character development and in order to focus on that, we are not going to continue our commitments to our neighborhood service projects and we are not going back to New Orleans in the spring.

So I sent up a test balloon. I asked a friend of mine who supported me for the New Orleans trips specifically what he thought about me not using the money to go there and instead sending the money directly to Celebration Church. I knew he wouldn't care about the money that much but he would give me an honest idea of how my supporters might respond to this change.

His response?

What is this - Christian outsourcing? You ask for money and then pass it along so someone else can go do the work? Maybe you could hire someone from a third-world country to go be Jesus for you? It's probably cheaper to send him anyway. If so, send the same guy twice because he'll get to develop his character.

I'm not making this up. He really said that.

No comments: