Thursday, November 23, 2006

I've changed my mind...

If you know me somewhat well, you know I have had a general aversion to the idea of marriage. To illuminate this for you, my good friend Saro likes to tell the anecdote that if anyone ever asked me to marry them, I would laugh out loud. I really don't think I'm quite that heartless, but in saying that he's trying to communicate that for me the idea of getting married to another human being for the rest of my life has always seemed a little ludicrous. Although Jesus and I have worked on this issue quite a bit, I still realize it is just a weird idea for me. I never really imagined myself choosing to love and live with one person for my whole life. This is probably partly due to my parents marriage not being at all present in my memory and also due to the fact that I just don't like anyone, including myself, that much, to want to live with them forever.

But God is always changing me along the way, and I am open to Him changing my heart about this...

So today I moved one step forward on this point...I decided it's possible I will get married one day if the person looking back at me on that day looks anything like this...

(Definitely click the pic to get the full effect.)



P.S. If you're wondering how I'm going to get married while onstage at a George Strait concert...well...I haven't worked that out yet...

No comments: