Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Only 28 days til NaNoWriMo...

If you need to check into re-hab, now's the time... 28 days and you could be out and armed with a lot of new ideas to write about.

For more info on the Basics of speed-writing, click here.

I am going to be traveling to Utah for a long weekend, returning just in time to begin writing on November 1st.

So, why am I telling all my faithful readers about this? Because I need ideas. So use the comments box and give me three sentences to start a chapter of my novel. If at least ten people reply, I promise to use these as the beginnings of chapters and not give you any credit.

Here's one I have so far:
The wind was blowing hard into her face. She sat down on a bench to rest and look out into the dark horizon. She checked her watch and waited for...

1 comment:

cherryjillo said...

When she talked about her future mother-in-law, her friends were convinced she was just being overly dramatic, as she had a tendency to be that way. So, she had never felt more vindicated as the moment at her reception when her mother-in-law gathered everyone around the dance floor. Her gift to the new couple was a dance - in costume - to Madona's "Like a Prayer".