Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm sorry Mama...

I'm cleaning out my closet. Actually I just got done. I committed to getting rid of at least five pairs of shoes and at least one bag of clothes. I filled two big Ikea-size bags of clothes easily and got rid of six pairs of shoes. I didn't get rid of any handbags because I can honestly say I have used and still use all of them. Every occasion needs a handbag and I have one for every occasion. Honestly I rotate them a lot and I like them to match my shoes, so I didn't need to give any away. Not so with the shoes. I found a few that I know honestly I never wear and that I've even replaced already without getting rid of the old ones. So they're going. I feel good about it too. I still have a drawer of work clothes because even though I've sworn off corporate life, I've spent so much I can't waste it all. And I know at some point in the future I will need some professional attire and it took me about 3 years to accumulate stuff I like, since I hate most work attire. I wish Nordstrom would just give me a uniform, that would be awesome. But there are a couple of work items that I hate and I've known for a while should die with my corporate life, so I am planning to have a bonfire with those. Yay!

Anyway, that's how I spent my afternoon and I feel really good about it. I hope something in your day is as nice and hopeful as that.

Ready for a tired cliche?

It was a cleansing experience.

No comments: