Saturday, June 03, 2006

Hot pockets and aborigines

Welcome to Delta Dawn...if you're new tonight, then here is a special welcome for you. In reading back over my last month's posts, I realized that a lot of this may not make sense to an unsuspecting reader (note to unsuspecting readers: you should be suspecting something). For instance, I wrote an entire ode to a Ford Focus and I don't even own a Focus. And then I noticed that people don't even bother to ask when something clearly has no discernible meaning or it is largely unexplained in the post. Have we really gotten this apathetic? Well, if you have, you're a sinner (big shock) and I just want to say that you're not alone. I am too. But I know the story behind trying to explain hot pockets to aborigines and it's great. So ask me if things don't make sense to you...this is supposed to be a dialogue. All I will say for now is...it all started when I was asked to go down in the basement of Social Sciences Tower at UCI...

...and if you want the rest, you'll have to ask me.

So on to the current day. Tonight I headed down to San Clemente with Julie to continue our 24 marathon with Cathy. Her new place is great and right by the ocean. We made it all the way through six episodes and bonus of bonuses, Cathy and Julie are up for going to Hawaii with me on vacation!! Plans all remain to be hammered out, but I'm just so happy that I've found people 1) who don't make me puke, 2) who can afford it, 3) who are fun and like to have fun, 4) who want to go play in Hawaii.

In other news, I am on my way towards establishing my tank and I should be able to get a fish in the next two weeks; it's going to be my birthday present to myself.

Happy Friday!

And on that note, here is your official reminder: Only 16 shopping days left! I'm turning the corner at the quarter-centennial, so don't miss out!

No comments: