Monday, January 02, 2006

Crossing the Threshold of 2005/2006

I'm a dweller on the threshold...and I'm waiting at the door...

Ok, I just had to sing, but I have already bored you with another blog devoted to this great song. Today's act will be performed by the things, people, places and events that have shaped me, loved me, kicked me and danced with me in the year that was 2005.

Top 5 Things I Will Miss About 2005:
5. '05 is so easy to remember when you are writing checks.
4. Laughing at the insanity on the wedding circuit.
3. Fantastic dates! (Too numerous to list here, but know you are remembered.)
2. The day we got to eat 5 free desserts at Panera due to Eric's generosity.

And the #1 thing I will miss about 2005...
...being Kevin's friend.

Top 5 Things I Will Not Miss About 2005:
5. Skiing accidents (as of Dec. 29th, I might add).
4. MetLife.
3. Loma Linda University in all their incompetent glory.
2. Bridezillas!

And the #1 thing I will not miss about 2005...
...my crazy fall and winter, wherein I:

-got ripped off by my school for thousands of dollars
-dropped out of grad school,
-blew out a tire on my way out to Palm Desert for Thanksgiving,
-moved over Thanksgiving weekend,
-worked at a boring short-term job
-was unemployed
-got depressed and became a mental patient
-ate my Christmas dinner in the kitchen and came home sobbing
-got in a skiing accident (and probably racked up a huge hospital bill)
-and spent New Years' Eve on the couch unable to move.

Now, I know it's a shocker, but I will not miss any of that.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: