Monday, December 26, 2005

the Day After

The day after Christmas is my new favorite...because this day means that a whole 364 days stretch before me until I have to go through the insanity of being with the people who made me again. Don't get me wrong, but ah. It's nice. And this year had its nice moments...getting lots of comfy PJ's to wear...watching Gilmore Girls fifth season...driving to dinner in my uber-cute outfit...getting a ton (and I mean a ton) of gifts. And most lovely, getting some gifts that signify (from people whom I have already accepted may never understand me) that they have realized I cherish the personal. For instance, I received a handmade bracelet, made just for me and a top I got actually fit. (Usually they are too small...is that in the hopes that I've gotten skinnier since Thanksgiving? Um, no.)

So thank you Jesus for this day... and for the next 363 days of peace.

No comments: