Tuesday, November 29, 2005

2005: the year of quitting

So this has been the year of quitting...I quit a relationship, then quit my job, then quit a second relationship, then quit my Life Group, then quit avoiding debt and went back to school, then tried to quit Rockharbor, then I quit graduate school, then I quit living in the Inland Empire. And then I quit trying to quit Rockharbor, cause I was there every weekend anyway. In two weeks I will quit the temporary job I am doing right now. And then I will quit 2005. Andthe funny thing is it wasn't all bad. Sometimes quitting is the right thing to do. Of them all, quitting graduate school was the hardest. I laid in bed for a week watching Gilmore Girls on DVD and avoiding it. But I knew I had to, cause they lied to me and they lied to me out of incompetence, which is the worst kind of lie. At least some energy is put into evil lying; this was just simple negligence and laziness, and I can't stand either of those.

No comments: