Thursday, July 14, 2005

Thursday

Thursday is a great day. On morning radio shows they say if you can just get past Wednesday, you'll slide into the weekend. But I think Thursday is truly the best day of the week. On Thursday I don't have to pack a lunch for the next day or find corporate clothes to wear (Yay for casual Fridays!) and I usually get paid, like I will tomorrow. On Thursday you aren't in the promised land yet, but you can smell it and taste it. On Thursday the smoke of freedom is rising and you can see the emerald city a ways off. You know that Friday you will get there, but it's like the early morning when things haven't quite revved up for business yet. As someone who lives for the anticipation of blessings, I like to get excited about the reward before I get it. I like Thursday because I find enjoyment in the anticipation of Friday and the weekend.

No comments: