Monday, June 20, 2005

Elusive Mixtures

Blogging causes the individual to become more elusive. When my life changes in some small way, or I should say when I evolve slightly and become more of myself, I always want to discuss it with myself. And when I am feeling magnanimous, I post it here and let you all comment. (And by you all, I mean my 3 faithful readers.) So here you will hear the retelling of my metamorphosis...

Chemical reactions are beautiful. Some boil, some foam, some explode with a sharp noisy crack. Torches burn propane and flame into blue and gold, chocolate chips melt into sauce, a meringue beaten with air will hold its head up high. Some chemical mixtures remain separate like oil and water. Some like vinegar and baking soda cause a volcanic overflow. But each is changed nonetheless. Even the oil and the water cannot remain the same. Have you ever tried to pour the oil off the top of a water glass? No one is that talented.

No comments: