Friday, April 15, 2005

Reading is Magic

So, I went to Borders last night. I got in a fender bender in the parking lot, but I'm not talking about that. (Argh.) Suffice to say no damage and it wasn't my fault. Stupid lowered Civic hit me. Anyway, I finally made it into Borders and bought, "Now, Discover Your Strengths!" and "True Believer" by Nicholas Sparks. As I was leaving, I noticed they have these purple wristbands for sale, a la Lance Armstrong, and these say Reading is Magic. I succumbed.

All in all, quite the night. But whether or not I end up wearing the purple wristband, at least some poverty-stricken children will get my $1.60.

I can rest assured of that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

or 75 cents.

Dawn Miller said...

I should clarify. They say on the tag that $1.60 of the $2.00 cost goes to the CARE charity, who send care packages to poverty-stricken children.