Thursday, February 10, 2005

Trust Me

Why can't I trust the Lord? I know He is trustworthy, I know He will take care of me and yet I insist on stealing back control. It is tantamount to screaming in the face of the Creator of the universe, who is even my own Creator. And this results in a feeling of such defeat for my soul, because I do not want to be this way, yet there is something built into me that will not let me let go. I am physically unable to release my cares. And this is the thorn in my side.

3 comments:

Dawn Miller said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I am a Christian, but I don't think that necessarily means God will meet all my needs. I think He purposely doesn't meet many of my needs so that I will learn to depend on Him.

Anonymous said...

That's one way of looking at it, but another might be that He actually does meet all of our needs...it's just that He knows what our needs are better than we do, and His perception of our needs is not clouded with the remaining influences of sin as ours is. What we think of as a 'need' is often a 'want' instead.

Anonymous said...

That's one way of looking at it, but another might be that He actually does meet all of our needs...it's just that He knows what our needs are better than we do, and His perception of our needs is not clouded with the remaining influences of sin as ours is. What we think of as a 'need' is often a 'want' instead.