Friday, February 04, 2005

Death and Taxes

I did my taxes last night in between watching the E! True Hollywood Story of Oprah Winfrey and a new episode of The Apprentice. And let me tell you...the Federal Government has been holding onto a lot of my money! I am going to get over $500 bucks back that they've been holding onto for me. Geez! I could've put that in my 401(k) if they hadn't been keepin' it. Ah, well. It's as sure as death and taxes is a good cliche and at least I get something back rather than paying more in. My adjusted gross income puts me in the lowest tax bracket possible that's still above the poverty line, and apparently this is a benefit for tax purposes. And my state return was also fun. In addition to another good chunk of my money back, I got a $60 renter's credit from good old Arnold. Way to go California! Dumping Davis was the best thing we ever did.

Yup, I'm feeling pretty good about the IRS these days.

No comments: