Monday, May 28, 2007

Was it just me...?

Or was this Memorial Day weekend pretty exhausting? I think the last four months finally caught up to me, because I took some pretty long naps this weekend. It must be the cumulative effect of sleeping only 5-6 hours for the last 18 weeks.

Anyway, we're going back to an old favorite tonight. My top ten. In no particular order...

The Top Ten Things in My Life Right Now:

1. Karen graduated from medical school. And for a bonus, Kevin drove.

2. The sweet buffet lunch at the Mission Inn on Saturday. Truly scrumptious.

3. I found my "Today I Will Nourish My Inner Martyr" book.

4. My favorite affirmation from the book: "Regardless of what other people say, my tendency to overreact and lose all perspective makes me a theatrically interesting person."

5. Lemonade.

6. Elizabeth Berg. I haven't been engagingly interested in a writer in a long time.

7. Retreat on Catalina next weekend. I really need a vacation (from my problems!).

8. NetFlix has "watch it now" movies and I can see them even though I put my account on hold. Bee-oo-teous!

9. I'm looking forward to a 3.75 day work week.

10. I'm not tired because I slept 14 hours last night and took a two hour nap today, so I have another two hours to read my book. Score!

And in the pattern of times gone by:
What are the top ten things in YOUR life right now?

1 comment:

cherryjillo said...

1. Riding my bike to work today made my heart feel good.

2. My brother decided to go to UCSB

3. My amazing friends helped out while my car was in the shop - love to Dawn and Kevin

4. My car repair bill was under $300.

5. My Keurig coffee maker - its about a month old, and its still on my top ten. (Now that's a good purchse)

6. Karen's graduation, cool new house and exciting new life as a doctor.

7. Sleeping in my sleeping bag because I forgot to dry my sheets.

8. Pizza Delivery

9. Misha started a blog

10. a little leftover money at the end of the month