Wednesday, February 28, 2007

What Someone Wrote About the Dawning of a New Year

I will take whatever you give me
I will learn to be satisfied
I will fight for every table scrap
Heaven's table has to offer

I will look beyond my desires
I will crack the twisted code
I will see why I crave perversion
All in Your unknown timing

I will not know when it happens
Until it is before me
I will always be surprised
I will move beyond my control

I will be misled by non-believers
I will be misled by believers
I will be misled by myself
I will not be led by deception forever

My Spirit will leave breadcrumbs
Leading me back to the truth
Blessings will come when they may
Tragedy will strike when it may

Most importantly
I will see all of this as a test
I will strengthen my will
I will because You said so

You promised me everything and nothing
A lifelong relationship
To ease the soul and break the heart
A mystery right in front of my face

I will learn to enjoy crying for others
I will learn to hate laughing at others
I will rip open my heart
Bleeding with desperate sensitivity

I will quiver at the sight of You
I will run towards my fear of You
Your words will carry me through this life
My understanding will matter less and less

I will see Your gifts to me
I will learn how they are for others
I will fall in love with passion
I will break up with apathy

Safety will come in the form of divine risk
Fear will lead to heartfelt courage
Sex will be a privilege not an obsession
Pleasure will be guided by God's Word

My thoughts will be expressed to God
My thoughts will not have the last say
God's thoughts will slowly creep to me
I will feel weird when God talks to me

I will rarely say God talks to me
I will be careful not to confuse Him with me
I will move on instinct and pray for correction
I will put my trust into His words

Forgiveness will not be a mystery
My heart will look beyond the rage
He will strangle my childish ways
I will not always need lengthy explanations

I will see things I hate about others
I will learn to love them regardless
I will forgive for the sake of my soul
I will move beyond even these words

I will pray that everyone will do so as well

-Charles Bridgers

No comments: