Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

Ok, Satan, I see what you're up to. You think I can be scared by your little annoying ankle-twisting tactics, but I can't. I am also not stupid. When I twist my ankle once on a long walk, that's just fallenness. But when it happens five times in one day, I know it's you. And I'm NOT having it.

You are one lame weak animal if you think I'm scared of you. I'm not. I know when I'm making strides toward a free life and I know you're right there trying to mangle my steps. Good luck with that. You might make me stumble once, but I know where I'm going long-term. I know that I'll have trouble in this world. And I know it's not people I'm warring against. It's you.

You see, you forgot one little detail. Christ lives in me. Literally. Inside me. I have his power and his mercy. But all I got for you today is his power. So I'm wielding it and I'm shutting you DOWN!

I might be a little red riding hood, but no way am I afraid of the big bad wolf. As if.

No comments: