Sunday, December 24, 2006

Do you enjoy fine dining?

A guy I know famously once asked this of Jill. And Jill in all her utter sweetness actually answered in a civil manner. But you have to know that we have spent the 12 months since that famous line mocking it because seriously, who doesn't enjoy fine dining? In the moment, I wanted to respond with something like: "No, she enjoys licking the floor at Taco Bell."

Seriously though, there has been a pathetic lack of blogging. And I just want to go on record and say that that was for your own safety. I had a crappy, crappy couple of days from Sunday until about Thursday, and the yuck that was coming out of my life was not fit for publication.

But I am mostly back to normal now, so I thought I'd spin you a couple of tidbits from my crawls around the wiry web.

Number 1: Amanda Congdon on ABCNews.com has something to say about Time Magazine naming me Person of the Year. Luckily, if you read all the way to the end, it turns out I'm still Person of the Year, and not just another person. Phew.

Number 2: The Google doodle is quite impressive this year. I think they are doodling a page out of my random book with this one. Kangaroos and Christmas? Go figure. Or go doodle.

On a holiday note, tonight I had the most amazing meal. Spaghetti with two kinds of sauce: garlic clam sauce and a marinara wine sauce with italian sausage. It might sound mundane, but it was divine. I was especially hungry and that always makes good food even better. I'm not a patrician anymore, but I do enjoy fine dining.

Wishing you the merriest of meals and the true joy of Jesus now and throughout the New Year. Merry Christmas!

No comments: