Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I Cut My Hair

I cut my hair and that is always a milepost. I can always look back and know what the year was like based on what length and style my hair was. Last year, right around May 10th or so, I got a gnarly bad haircut that brought me close to tears and I had it fixed by a lovely woman named Snow who made it hip and edgy. She did all this on a Friday night at 8:00 and it blessed my life. And that haircut made a difference in how the entire year, and possibly all the time up till now turned out. I learned when I was 16 that as a woman a significant portion of my life would always be inextricably tangled up in what kind of hair covered my head. Boys like blonds with long hair, so I chopped all of mine off. It took me a lot of personal growth to let it grow back and accept my own head, and along with, the fear of being dangerous that has been written on my soul.

No comments: