Monday, February 20, 2006

Redecorating with the Master

In this tumultuous season, God has been doing some interesting things in my life. I think in the midst of the chaos I have been finding my true self more and more, and many of the things that used to permeate my life causing stress and strife have been burned away. And I am now gloriously freed to embrace the things that remain, that are important to me. In this season it has also been new to learn how to lean on my blessings and others. One specific blessing has been that God gave me a little project of nesting. I have been redecorating my room and it has truly been a work of God. When I get to the point where my funds for this are spent, I have had to wait on Him and He has continued to provide. This weekend I got some of the finishing pieces in place, curtains and a matching lamp. And it looks and feels lovely. And I am appreciative of the metaphor that not only was my room taken apart and redecorated, but that the process also reflects the change taking shape inside of me. I have been taken apart, but He is putting me back together in a more perfect, more Dawn way.

No comments: