Friday, January 27, 2006

Better than bad

...is good.

I'm good. I have been unemployed for short periods in the past and being unemployed used to be a frustrating experience for me. But this fall and winter, blessings come in unidentified packages. I can get upset, frustrated and depressed over having largely nothing to do, but after getting in a very painful skiing accident, I can now spend time relaxing on the couch, reading and whatnot, and I feel fine about it. Because hey, being unemployed has its challenges, but those challenges are nothing like not being able to walk, sit or even leave the house. All of which I couldn't do for the first two weeks of this year. I feel like God wanted to teach me a lesson about appreciating what I have and it is this. Now that I am mostly back on my feet, and can walk, sit and even drive when I need to, mostly without pain, I realize how much health is, what a gift it is.

No comments: