Friday, December 16, 2005

Chrismahanukwanzakuh

While podcasting is no doubt a deserving competitor, I really think that chrismahanukwanzakuh should have been in the running for word of the year 2005. Since I am not a fundamentalist, this is not a rant on how the word exemplifies the melding of Christianity with pagan religions, or the watering down of Christmas by people saying "Season's Greetings" or having "holiday" trees; I simply think the creator of this word should get some credit for creating a word that has the same joie de vivre as supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and is not just an onomatopoeia, it has an actual substantive meaning.

Hurrah for chrismahanukwanzakuh (Not the holiday, the word!) from this little corner of the earth...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ionno, somethign abotu the word just doesnt roll off my tongue

Peaceful Wanderings said...

inspired... I have created a song, of 9 verses, about the fabulousness of this word. "You're the meaning in my life... you're the inspiration"...