Monday, October 17, 2005

the best nation in the world is Procrastination

So of course, I should be writing my paper on my learning style, and instead I am blogging. Had another really interesting session at my internship today. I feel like my brain is being stretched to experience the greater realm of things I have never experienced. A lot of people talk about diversity, but it is truly something to sit in a room with someone and realize there is a vast chasm between their life experience and yours. And then to be faced as I am with the challenge of trying to find ways to help that person, to help them see beyond their limitations, beyond what they believe they can do or be, beyond what the world says they can do or be. To offer options they never thought possible and to educate on options they never knew even existed. It is a great responsibility, this profession I've chosen, but also a great engaged joy.

No comments: