Thursday, June 09, 2005

Quiet Christians

So as I was driving to work today I saw this big Mack truck and it was of those ones that are for hire, so the driver has his own truck puller and he hitches on one of those really big box things to drive it around. (I know Karen is laughing now at my sad explanation of all things country.) Anyway, his truck puller thing had this BIG "And God is so good..." quote painted on the side. And I thought about how I just don't get that. What possesses some Christians to get all these crazy stickers or silver fishes or whatnot and plaster them all over their vehicles? I am SO not into this. It made me think of how there are so many Christians out there and the ones I respect the most don't do this fishes, t-shirts, stickers craziness. I have dubbed them the Quiet Christians. Because what does my God require of me? To act justly and love mercy and walk humbly with my God. I think I am a quiet Christian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Karen's defense, truck driving is not a "thing country." In Dawn's defense, it is a thing of which Karen has more knowledge than others.

Dawn Miller said...

You go, Boundaries Girl!!!