Monday, January 24, 2005

Cellmates

I have a retraction. I thought I would hate where I am sitting in my new building, but it's actually much better than I anticipated. I am hidden away in the corner and no one can come over to my desk without turning a serpentine corner and walking pass a row of echo-ey file cabients. (This is good for detecting footsteps.) Also, I sit on the other side of a 5-1/2 foot wall from our IT guy and he is like my Wilson from Home Improvement. I joke that we are like cellmates in prison. We can hear each other and talk to each other, but even though we've both been here everyday, I haven't seen him in about 2 weeks. We say hello and goodbye everyday and occasionally ask each other questions, and sometimes we pass snacks or office supplies over the wall. However, we can't see each other. It would be weird if the cube wall was transparent, because we're only 2 feet away from each other, so we'd be staring at each other all day. But instead, we remain in a flourescent haze and my days are filled with the question, "Dawn, are you there?"

And here I sit.

No comments: