Monday, March 10, 2003

Wow, that was quite a well-thought-out soapbox, no? Ya, I thought so. And I thought I would add some words I found that perfectly describe what a victim goes through...
____________________________________________________________________________________
They want answers,
But they know there are none,
They want people present
But they want to be alone
They want people to understand,
But they know no one does.
They want to be loved.
But they react angrily.
They pull,
But they push.
Help me, O Lord
To listen more than to speak
To be more than to do
To share more than to give.
For it is
In listening that they will hear
To being that they will heal
In sharing that they will receive.
____________________________________________________________________________________

(1) "Out of the Depths" by Dr. Richard P. Lord, Rush Creek Christian Church, Arlington, Texas.
from I got it at this site.

No comments: